|
Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds
|
|
|
WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there! I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas. |
|
|
|
|
19th Birthday Gift
I started this last year. Every year, I'll buy myself a birthday gift using my savings. Yes, this is just another excuse for me to buy things for myself. But for once I won't feel guilty for spending more than I should. I started planning my savings so that I can have more money in my bank account. Enough for something important (like a car..?) by the time I'm 30. I know I'm a bit crazy about money, as in not crazy in love with money, but I put too much emphasis on money. It's a harsh world out there, and I have seen how people changed because of money. I don't want to be someone desperate for money. I just want to have enough to have a comfortable life.
wait. what was I talking about in the first place?
ok so.. If I let myself buy anything I want, I'll totally spoil my plan of saving up a certain amount by the age of 30. Shopping (for something expensive) must be an occasional indulgence. Last year, I actually got myself a Sony walkman MP3. I know, people who have seen it laughed at me and asked me how long I had that thing. My answer would be," A few months..?" which is actually the truth. I got sick of all that sync-ing with an itouch so I 'downgraded' to a simple MP3 that looks a bit like a stick of bubblegum. I actually really love it! It's small and easy to carry around, plus the battery lasts long. And no more sync rubbish!
This year... I spent a lot more on myself as compared to last year. I really liked this bag ever since I saw it in London. It's a typical london satchel. The prices vary according to the brands or material used. I bought a normal and inexpensive one in the Camden Lock Market in London for 20 pounds.
But I wasn't satisfied and one day, sis stumbled upon a website that allows you to customise your own leather satchel. From the colours to the buckles, to the size. Almost everything! I was excited. Mega excited! It's handmade from real leather in Liverpool, UK and can be shipped internationally. You have to pay for your the shipping though. I explored other brands that ship internationally too but in the end I chose the Leather Satchel Co. because I really like how I can customise my own satchel. If I'm going to pay that amount, I might as well get something I really like, right?
My bag arrived 3 days after I made my order, plus they track your order with dhl so it's really convenient! I was so happy to receive it from the delivery man -yippy!-
It comes in a box and plastic wrapping
-smells like leather-
I asked for my initials WQ to be embossed (blind embossing) on the bag so that.. (people can't steal my bag unless they're called Weiqi or I don't know.. ) It's so pretty! Ok enough. I have to stop admiring my gift to myself. I am so thankful (to myself) for getting the bag -heartache for my bank account balance- and I have no regrets. I hope it lasts long! It comes with a 5 year craft guarantee too! Am I promoting my bag too much? Basically I want to thank myself for not listening to the sane wanqi and ignoring the nagging I gave myself for 2 days to purchase the bag. I'll just slap the not-so-sane wanqi when I start regretting my purchase.
I must be insane to even type this post out.
|