Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds


WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there!
I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas.



April 23, 2014 @ 12:17 PM
Housewife adventures
So the auntie in me is back! Since sis and I have been staying at home everyday, mum has to cook 2 meals a day. She has declared that she had run out of ideas of what to cook and always gets a headache when she has to cook something. One of my goals was to learn how to cook (from the mother) but she doesn't use exact measurements. Everything is up to your own taste and honestly, if I can cook just by using my taste buds, I obviously don't need to learn cooking from my mum...

Basically, cooking has been a failure hahahaha!

Since mum has run out of meal ideas, me learning how to cook (exactly what she knows how to cook) doesn't exactly help her in any way. Hence, I have come up with a Wanqi's weekly meal!
Menu and recipe contributed by the Internet and my brain. I kind of changed the recipes to suit my taste. Yeah why cook something I don't like or eat.

Sorry my future family members, no prawns for the rest of your lives since I'm allergic MWAHAHA.

Don't ask me why I like naming the things I do.. Simply put, I will cook one meal every week. I started last saturday after I went to the market with the parents. I am obviously not very experienced.. Seriously, all the fish and veges look alike. (why do I sound like a bimbo here) Unlike supermarkets, the products are not labelled.

This post is getting too long. There isn't even much content, just me going on and on about nothing.

Week 1 attempt:



My ugly looking dishes
(sorry I haven't learn plating yet)
-watched too much master chef Australia-

Basic stir-fry veges (too ugly to be in the photo)
Fried tofu with mushrooms and meat
Tomato and egg soup

I think the mother was too happy that she can get away from cooking (at least 1 meal a week) so she kept saying that she loves that tomato soup. It actually tastes normal to me. Edible but not super tasty. I am so slow that I took 3 hours to cook all these. I may just end up starving to death next time. Yeah eating out is so much easier...


Till next week!

Labels:

back to top?
monthly archive

October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 January 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 July 2015 October 2015 November 2015 January 2016 May 2016 June 2016 September 2016 July 2017 November 2017 December 2017
recent entries

The auntie in me + 白糖糕 Finally stepped out of the house Football Fanatics (Paris-London trip #3) Stuck 19th Birthday Gift Life Updates Life is full of yummy treats (Paris-London trip #2) Dramas and more dramas A new experience (Paris-London trip #1) Merry Christmas!
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS