Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds


WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there!
I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas.



June 08, 2014 @ 7:17 PM
Escape Route
Mum's temper has been getting worse and worse. I feel bad for going out to Singapore but at the same time it feels good not having to think about what I should help her with to lighten up the mood at home. I shouldn't even have such a thought.... but mum's habits are getting really bad. Splurging on health goods (it's normal to buy a few health supplements but it's getting too far when they fill up your old house' store room. Expired, uneaten) and her obsession with clean floors (she cleans the entire house once every 2 days, which is a bit excessive) We get shot at when we don't offer to help her clean because she finds cleaning once every 2 days too much for her.

The weirdest thing is, she loves clean floors but never found the need for organised cabinets.

Anyway.... I went out to SG to meet my friends despite knowing that she disapproved. Let's just take it as an excuse to pay the bills and clean the SG house.

Besides, I met up with 3 groups of friends at once. (which earned me a sarcastic "3 groups? You must be busier than your father who's a businessman" response from my mum) I don't know, I feel that everyone else is having a normal social life even though they have been working because they live in SG. It's easier to leave the house.. I am scared that I am growing distant from all my friends since all I ever do nowadays is stay at home and stare at my computer. I can't drive so even a simple meal becomes a complicated issue with all the "where, how, when" It seems like while everyone is doing something useful with their time, be it working or volunteering, I'm wasting my time away and it gets more and more embarrassing to tell my friends that I haven't gotten a job in the past 6 months and I haven't done anything beneficial for myself or the society.

Urgh let's move on from all this self pitying and self loathing and see something pictures of food.

I realise I don't take enough selfies (selcas) with my friends. I should start requesting for photo evidences that we went out.

So my escape trip to Singapore started with Jieyi yeobo (my partner on fb) who requested for a Korean BBQ buffet! All we ever do when we go out is eat korean food (on rare occasions we catch a movie) but I AM NOT COMPLAINING. You have no idea how grateful I am to Jieyi that I have a korean food companion, because most (if not all) of my friends don't exactly have a liking towards korean cuisine but I ABSOLUTELY love korean food. I know Jieyi doesn't like kimchi but she still eats korean food with me. So THANK YOU SO MUCH yeobo!

(yeobo is a nickname that Jieyi and I used since we started a 'fake' relationship on fb. It means 'darling' in korean..?)


Our meat bbq-ing and our couple phone accessories

We decided to try Oppa BBQ restaurant in Jcube because we get to walk and window shop after our lunch! The meat was so-so, bbq meat will always taste like bbq meat.. The best part was the songs that the restaurant played on its speakers. We just kept listening and laughing when Beast's song came out.. Jieyi and I must have some sort of telepathy because she bought me a bear phone accessory from Korea, which is similar to hers, while I got her a studies good luck charm from Sensoji temple in Tokyo, which is similar to mine. Couple stuff??

The only problem I have with the phone accessory is that... the bear never fails to be a part of every picture I take with my phone HAHAHAHA. But I still love it!!

After lunch +shopping with Jieyi, we took the train towards town area to meet our separate group of friends for dinner. Unexpectedly, we met Qihua on the train as he travelled from Boon Lay to Jurong for his nights out dinner with Jingyi. He continued to ride with us to Buona Vista (because Jingyi was late) after we prank called him on the train to interrogate him on why he wasn't in camp.

I alighted at Holland Village while Jieyi continued her ride to Bishan. Our cards group finally have a meet-up! -cheers-

We heard that Holland V has many restaurants to choose from, plus those 4 working peeps have to choose somewhere in the middle to accommodate everyone. We decided on Everything with Fries as our dinner spot while Winny and I joke about going to the bar next door for a round of drinks after dinner. (since we are all sua-ku peeps who have never gone drinking with friends before) Amusingly, Winny and I did a lot of high-fives that night because we kept agreeing with each other.

Preferred choice of beer: Heineken
Is Aaron Yan goodlooking: YES

ok maybe I exaggerated a bit. We just kept high-fiving because we love high-fives. 

So Everything with Fries lives up to its name because every course came with fries. We were allowed to choose which seasoning we preferred. 


Photos with our food

We had a hard time chatting because the place was crowded and noisy. We couldn't even hear ourselves talking. We concluded that the place has great echo and would make a great place for singing.

After our meal, we walked to The Daily Scoop for some dessert!


:D

The next morning, I met up with Xinyi and Jingyi for Brunch at Lola's Cafe. It was so crowded that we had to get a waiting number..


Mocha and Croissant with scrambled eggs, ham, bacon and cheese

The food tasted great! We went shopping at Orchard for Xinyi's TOMS shoes before I took the train and bus back to Malaysia. End of escape trip -sobs-

__________________

Dad brought our old photo albums over just as I had requested.

Be prepared for a series of ugly and bad quality childhood photos -awkward grin-


My 1st Birthday Party!


With dad! (before I grew up to look so much like him)


Sitting like a boss (yo)


Beginner skill selfie with the primary school friends
This is what we do when we're bored on the bus haha!
And we took this using the old school film camera!
It's a miracle that we even manage to fit everyone in the frame.



I really need to organise all the old photos before we end up losing them!

back to top?
monthly archive

October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 January 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 July 2015 October 2015 November 2015 January 2016 May 2016 June 2016 September 2016 July 2017 November 2017 December 2017
recent entries

Too lazy to blog Thinking too much Just Words Friends (: The world is an unfamiliar place (Paris-London tri... Housewife adventures The auntie in me + 白糖糕 Finally stepped out of the house Football Fanatics (Paris-London trip #3) Stuck
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS