Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds


WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there!
I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas.



June 08, 2014 @ 5:10 PM
Too lazy to blog
I have too many things to update on this blog. Lazy Wanqi is lazy to type so things continued to accumulate...

Anyway, after the Japan trip, I had a catch-up session with Xinyi and Jingyi to help Xinyi buy a birthday gift!

20 May 2014



Eating our lunch really slowly while waiting for Jingyi (who was late)

We went window shopping in ION (too expensive) and agreed to meet up again soon. We should really stop by Udders, where Xinyi is currently working! Icecream with discount!

___________________________


25 May 2014

We were nearing 端午节, which is the time of the year to eat rice dumplings! -cheers-
My mum has never been able to wrap her own dumplings so I was tasked to pick up the skill so that our family can stop relying on buying dumplings (or free dumplings from the aunts) I have to say that I failed because it tasted and looked nothing like the perfect dumplings my grandma used to make every year. At least I learned from the master herself! Grandma taught me how to wrap a dumpling! I guess practice makes perfect! (let's make dumplings every year, mum!)

The dumplings were made in my cousin's house. The flu bug was passing around in that house and I believe I got it from my cute and active nephew pictured below..


Too active to get a proper photo

It was the Thomas cup finals too! We were so anxious to watch it and had to download the Astro on the go app (free for all malaysians on that day) Badminton is perhaps, one of the rare times when Malaysians are extremely united. We lost in the end. It was disappointing since everyone was anticipating Malaysia's victory after our last Thomas cup win 22 years ago. Let's go for it again 2 years later!


_________________________________


The Auntie in Me updates

Dad and Sis didn't come home for dinner one day so Mum said we should just have a simple meal. I suggested egg fried rice which we always eat in 鼎泰丰. Mum insists that she doesn't know how to cook that so dinner was my responsibility. I remembered watching a Masterclass on egg fried rice on Masterchef China before so... 


Egg Fried Rice with Shredded Pork

It wasn't as tasty as the original in DinTaiFung (it wasn't even close) but at least I know what to cook if I'm home alone next time!


___________________________________


Bake Day

The baking urge came and I happened to borrow a few recipe books from the library. I didn't want to trouble Mum to drive me out to buy the necessary ingredients. I just gathered what we had and somehow I ended up making

Lemon Meringue Whoopie Pies!

Whoopie Pies are generally just cupcakes reassembled. Instead of having a the cake in a cup with frosting on top, we have the cake sandwich-ing the frosting.


Baking the cake sandwich


Finally "succeed" at making meringue


The end product!

I should invest in a blow torch even though it's difficult to use...

__________________________________


Labels:

back to top?
monthly archive

October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 January 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 July 2015 October 2015 November 2015 January 2016 May 2016 June 2016 September 2016 July 2017 November 2017 December 2017
recent entries

Thinking too much Just Words Friends (: The world is an unfamiliar place (Paris-London tri... Housewife adventures The auntie in me + 白糖糕 Finally stepped out of the house Football Fanatics (Paris-London trip #3) Stuck 19th Birthday Gift
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS