Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds


WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there!
I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas.



August 22, 2014 @ 1:21 AM
Foreign Space
I think it will take me months before I feel comfortable in SMU.

So.. I survived my first week of classes! #achievementunlocked
I'm only left with Vivace and PHSTAT training class tomorrow before the week is finally over. To review my week, I have been pretty unproductive and useless. I'm really hoping that SMU will make me want to speak up in class. Profs constantly asking for our responses forced me to pay attention all the time. I used to drift off (into my own lala land) during lectures in NJ. The thing is, I don't give my response. Sometimes I have an answer after straining my pea size brain (and putting on my frowning-thinking face) but I can never get myself to answer him. At most I would mumble my answer. If prof caught it and looked at me, then maybe I'll answer him (which was rare because someone else would have answered, effectively demanding his attention away from me)

To conclude, my class participation of the week must be zero. Nada. Nothing.
I really have to work on this. #achievementstilllocked

Walking around in school everyday is just super weird. People are usually clustered in groups, chatting away and they looked like they're ready to go to class. I go to every class with notes printed and read. I even read the textbooks and make notes! But why do I feel so.. unprepared? People who hasn't even read the textbook probably answered questions more than I did. I seriously have to get rid of my "I'm-scared-to-be-wrong" mentality. It sucks to doubt yourself so much. Somehow I always manage to convince myself that I'm wrong before I even answer anything. There's always this fear that someone else (or everyone else) will judge me if I gave a strange answer.

I have seen a few NJ to SMU kids in school. I'm still unsure if I should say hi. I tried once. As usual, I know her but she doesn't know me. Thinking back, what exactly did I do back in NJ? Live under a rock? Perhaps a tree. NJ has many trees.

I'm making school sound depressing. So here's a few pictures to brighten the mood(post).






I asked Ongxin out rather suddenly. I was scared that all the projects and school work will bury me underground after the 1st week, and I really want to have a meal with her before she leaves SG for Manchester. We met up in Bugis! Had tasty crepes in Bugis Street and Miam Miam back in Bugis Junction. Ongxin (papa) is a precious senior (: I'll always remember the advices she gave me when I was having a hard time earlier this year. I really appreciated the help she gave me, even though it was during her exam period. I feel bad that I can't join her in Manchester!


Cape Town Postcard
Pardon the messy background

I came home to see the postcard I sent from Jo-Burg 3 weeks ago! I thought it got lost in the sea (or something like that) because it was taking so long. Now I'm just hoping that Xinyi got hers too! (shhhh it's a surprise) Getting my postcard (from myself) was a great way to end the day. Except the fact that I had to do my library elearn course. 

It's only the 1st week of school, yet I'm already tired. Am I getting old?

Time to sleep so that I can embark on a new adventure to foreign land (SMU) again tomorrow!
back to top?
monthly archive

October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 January 2013 April 2013 May 2013 June 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 February 2014 March 2014 April 2014 May 2014 June 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 February 2015 March 2015 April 2015 May 2015 July 2015 October 2015 November 2015 January 2016 May 2016 June 2016 September 2016 July 2017 November 2017 December 2017
recent entries

A New Start Hippo & Giraffe Jingyi's 19th! Trip back to Muar + food update Edible food The cousin got married! Eighty-Four Escape Route Too lazy to blog Thinking too much
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS