
August 09, 2014 @ 6:14 PM
Trip back to Muar + food update
This happened really long ago, probably mid-june when durians were still in season!
The family (with cousins) decided to drive back to Muar (which is a 1.5-2hrs drive from JB) just to have some durians because our relatives back there have durian plantations!
Cue: Photo Spam!
 |
| Who didn't like these when they were young? |
 |
| Godgrandpa's place |
 |
We kept eyeing this pineapple Too bad it wasn't not ripe yet |
 |
| extremely paranoid chicks |
 |
| heart-shaped durian |
 |
MANGOSTEENS
1. Weighing the niece on a 100kg scale
2. Hey, a pomelo!
3. Because making fun of her, is fun!
Oh look, it's a pet spider!
-faints-
Soup Adventure
We had this really delicious soup in Eastern Europe 2 years ago. You know, they served soup and bread as appetiser before the main course.
From what I tasted, it was potato soup with cream. I was craving for the soup, and went to research. I found a recipe and tried it out! It wasn't the same consistency as the ones we had back in Europe (I added too much potato) but it still tastes good! So if anyone wants to try, click HERE. (note: I cut down on the celery because I don't like the taste of it)
Basically, it's chicken stock, with vegetables, potato and cream. The soup is boiled with the ingredients, then blended in a blender to get a thick soup. We got bread from a nearby bakery because I was too lazy to make bread from scratch (it takes forever) We had the soup and bread as dinner, and realised that it was actually filling. (this should explain why we gained weight after Europe trips when we had soups and main course for dinner)
|
Labels: Recipes, the auntie in me
back to top?