|
Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds
|
|
|
WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there! I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas. |
|
|
|
|
Optimism
Warning: Photo spam
School is starting to become repetitive. Basically it's just...
lessons-assignments-reading up before lessons-lessons again
My 3rd week in SMU just ended, and I already can't cope with the workload.
(yeah, can someone please slap me)
My productivity level has a strong negative correlation with my age. I still remember how I used to multi task in primary school.. I could watch the tv (cartoons!), listen to the radio, and do my homework at the same time (and still ace my tests). It's either my assignments were pretty easy, or my brain was better last time. -sighs- No point talking about what I used to be able to do but can't do now.
Assignments (and the much dreaded project works) are starting to pile up. I have a feeling that the real SMU experience is just slowly starting to reveal itself. Prof Thomas (my LTB prof who has a super cute german accent) said that introvert and pessimistic people have to be around happy people to try to be optimistic. I may not be around very optimistic people, but let's try to be happy with what we have! So... yesssss!! School will get better!
yay we don't have to clear our plates!
I swear we talk about anything but one topic that unites all the guys is not females, but GYM. Is this a natural trend where guys our age just love gym-ing because the sec school friends are still talking about NS, gaming and girls? The guys can talk about gym above our (the girls') heads while we kept quiet, silently wondering if we should be taking down a few gym-ing tips. One aspect of university life that I can't get used to is definitely not having permanent classmates. We all take different modules and at different timings. It's difficult to even find someone to do your assignments with. I have classes with 44 different strangers everyday.(with the exception of an occasional class with Jingyi or Minwun) Yeah, it's good to know new people but it's difficult to get closer to these new friends at the same time. I probably see them once a week for that 3 hours where we can't even talk (since we're in class). So it's hi, bye, have you done your homework, what's your project topic, etc type of conversation topics. And let's not leave out the most basic question of all, "which school are you from?". I always get the -raised eyebrows- response because I could be asking for which JC/Poly or faculty in SMU. So to all the people I have asked this question, I'm asking for both. Just tell me more about yourself because I can't stand friendships that don't go beyond hellos and goodbyes.
_____________________________________
Exploring Singapore
So I visited Huijun and her art pop-up, titled Trace-Displace, at Gillman Barracks last week. I also bought her an Awfully Chocolate cupcake as a repayment for the Hummingbird cupcakes she bought us back in London (with her scholarship allowance hahaha) I never knew Singapore has cool places like these. Okay, maybe I did but I just never visited these places. Huijun's pop-up was super cool. The idea seemed to have come from both her creative mind and her choir background. I can't describe it in a way that will do her work justice, so I'll just shut my mouth. I can only say that it's so fascinating and to those people who didn't have a chance to see it, I hope you have a chance to in the future!
Mandatory we-fie
The parents were out of the country as they were on a company trip in Vietnam with the workers, which meant we had to spend last weekend in Singapore instead of Malaysia. Sis suggested that we try out an afternoon tea buffet in one of those hip areas in Singapore, Dempsey Hill. I have heard of the place but my impression was that it's one of those ulu places that requires driving or walking to get there. Well guess what, it's super near to NJ! NJ is like a rock, and I was a Patrick star who lived under the NJ rock.
The restaurant (House @ Dempsey) looks nice and reminded me of Gillman Barracks (which used to be the British military offices that were abandoned after WW2)
I'm sorry if the food in the following pictures made anyone drool. If that's the case, you should probably book a table and try out their afternoon tea!
Conclusion: I should start walking around Singapore to find more hidden treasures. Singapore's not just about HDBs and more.. HDBs
If only I have the time (and money) to explore. Maybe I should start with the museums next to SMU. I need to make use of the awesome location of my school!
_______________________________________
This post is getting lengthy..
Sis and I have been going to the gym to make sure that we aren't paying monthly maintenance fees for nothing. (we're stingy like that)
Gym-ing isn't an appropriate term for us because we only jog on the treadmill and spend most of our time 'resting' and enjoying the aircon. Hey, at least I use the gym. We also tried out a few things at the clubhouse, like the badminton court. My idea of playing badminton is attempting to hit the shuttlecock and failing to do so. Which means I'm like the ball boy who picks up the shuttlecock all the time. My non-existent muscles don't ache, my back does.
The pool always look inviting, too bad I can't swim
We-fie with our tired faces
_________________________________
The auntie in me
Parents in Vietnam = no home cooked meals
But I'm sick of fast food.
I can't believe it took me 2 hours to cook a meal. My mum probably only takes 30mins.
Need more practice.
Labels: the auntie in me back to top? |