|
Marshmallow
Stuffed
Clouds
|
|
|
WANQI says hi
♥ Hello there! I am an ordinary girl who lives in my own world. I love F1, kpop, and dramas. |
|
|
|
|
Seoul #2 Bibimbap and Bingsoo
No words can describe my love for korean food.Honestly, I have to credit this to the tidal wave called kpop. I am a picky eater. I can pick out every bean sprout in my fried beehoon, and trust me, my mum's beehoon has at least 50 bean sprouts in one serving. I don't like trying new food unless it looks super appealing or appetising, so things like brinjal and ladyfingers don't even stand a chance. I don't like food that are sweet when they should be savory (aka main meals) so I don't eat cabbage, carrots and corn (the list goes on) but I love sweet potatoes, desserts like cakes and pies because they are meant to be sweet. I don't know if this even makes any sense... (I don't really loveee japanese food because they tend to taste sweeter..? but I would have to say most of my friends like japanese food more than korean food.. this is why I always treasure food outings with Jieyi Yeoboooooo) So basically, many years ago, on my 1st trip to South Korea, I declared that I don't like kimchi without even trying it. Why? 1) It's made of cabbage. (ewwww) 2) It does not look like it tastes good, at all! (it's all red and mushy and...) 3) I just like saying no to my parents whenever they offer me kimchi (must have been a rebellious period) I still remembered buying only a pair of VANS shoes and maybe a few souvenirs here and there from my first trip to South Korea. Oh how wasted! Many years later, after my unexpected exposure to kpop thanks to Jihoo sunbae and Boys over Flowers (I refuse to say that I got into kpop because of a certain idol whom I no longer think deserves my attention) I got interested in korean food and the kimchi that I see in dramas. I should stop saying kimchi because I feel a rant coming up about the kimchi stew that I DID NOT GET TO EAT WHEN I WAS IN SEOUL. One day, I am going to visit Seoul again, for all the food that I didn't get to try. Seoul day 2 in pictures
We begin our 2nd day in Seoul with breakfast at a traditional restaurant that sells bibimbap. It's a korean mixed rice with a few types of vegetables, a sunny side up, and sometimes bulgogi meat. You mix it with a korean bean paste chilli sauce and -tada!-
I have always liked bibimbap despite disliking vegetables. I think the chilli paste makes a huge difference! This shop that we visited serves all vege bibimbap as its most popular dish. It even had mushrooms in it! Honestly, this was not the best bibimbap I have tasted. It had a unique and fresh taste, probably from all the vegetables, and I think that it tasted pretty good for something healthy. This is definitely healthier than my favorite breakfast, nasi lemak!
But I think I was the only one who liked it, since no one else finished the entire bowl of rice and vegetables..
And there isn't a photo of the bibimbap -oops- I was too hungry to take a picture..
A photo after our breakfast!
After our breakfast, Sis and Mabel suddenly recalled that they left their selfie stick in the loft. To prove that my phone's front camera can fit all of us even with my short hands, we took a wefie! So throughout the whole trip, I was cursed with short hands and a big face in every wefie.
The place every kpop/kdrama fan has seen before
I think the first time I saw this was in 2005 or 2006, in one of the older dramas, when the male lead still brings their girlfriends ice skating. Oh and he must be a chaebol, to book the entire ice skating rink. Or he's just the I'm-so-bad-and-cool type, who trespasses at night to have a romantic ice skating date with his lady.
Okay, so this is Lotte World! It's a theme park in Seoul, with the world's largest indoor theme park. Most people who visits Seoul will probably visit Everland instead, since it has more rides and is bigger. But being the kdrama
60minutes waiting time for an indoor roller coaster ride
WE GOT PHOTOBOMBED
I swear I kept my eyes shut throughout the ride. Somehow I was tearing up after the ride. Coward.
After another "scary" mummy ride, we decided to head outside to freeze our butts off.
Blocking the road
That gyro drop is built to scare people and destroy our photos
Random pretty building in the park
Eating matcha bingsoo
We tried the Atlantis aka the scariest roller coaster I have ever been on. It was crazy. I felt like my heart was going to pop out and I couldn't move until it was over. It was insane. So a bingsoo was mandatory as a reward for me sitting through hell. The name is so suitable. It really felt like I got sent underwater to Atlantis without oxygen and shot back up after a minute. Don't ask me how Atlantis looked like, I kept my eyes shut. Again.
YAY BINGSOO. OH HOW I MISSED YOU. SINGAPORE NEEDS BETTER BINGSOO CAFES.
(pssst jingyi, business idea here. I'll invest! If I have money hahaha)
2 weeks to Christmas
Trees with no leaves but they had lights! This just reminded us of Orchard, but it didn't have the scary crowd.
so cue picture time!
I look super tanned next to these 2...
Look at this pretty girl posing with her dessert
We decided to try Remicone in Dongdaemun after our dinner. It looked like Honey Creme, which I have yet to try in Singapore. Advice to anyone who wants to try Remicone: Do not get the caramel ice cream, with butterscotch crumble and caramel sauce
It was so sweet that it tasted bitter. Go for the milk ice cream!
-adrupt end to blog post because this post is taking up too much of my time-
Labels: Out of my world back to top? |